Our client is a growing and internationally operating quality company dedicated to the production of cuttings and young plants. The company is one of the top players in the world in this field and has representative offices and/or production subsidiaries in various countries in the world.
You will be reporting directly to the General Manager and as Head Grower (m/f) you will be responsible for the full range of propagation activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
– The full-range of crop management of 3 hectares propagation greenhouse surface
– You are the linking pin with the other international company sites incl. reporting activities
Depending on your professional development and results, a promotion to the function of Location Manager is an option.
– A Bachelor or Master degree education level in Horticulture, preferably with focus on greenhouse ornamental plant production
– Several years of professional job experience, with crop management of ornamental plant species, ideally job experience in young plants production
– Advanced knowledge of fertigation, plant protection and propagation would be an asset
– Good command of the English language, both written and oral
– Sound user skills with MS Office applications
– Enthusiasm for horticulture business, a proactive and result oriented mentality, with a high level of commitment, leadership capability and good organizational skills.
– Prepared to work and live in Italy and near the farm for at least three years
This client whom we represent with this vacancy is ambitious with a global scope. Innovation, technology and quality are their high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. In line with that, the company offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. It has an informal and easily accessible working environment in which mutual cooperation is considered very important.