Our client is a worldwide leading breeding and production company of a wide variety of flowers, tropical plants, annuals, perennials and pot plants. They do have their home base in Europe and operate a large network of specialized production sites all over the world, employing close to 8000 employees. On their behalf we are in search of an Operations & Production Manager for their Orchids production facility in Taiwan.
The nursery in Taiwan produces young Phalaenopsis plants for domestic and international supply and employs around 250 people. The greenhouse facilities have different functions like R&D and young plant production for domestic and international markets. Specific greenhouses are certified by the USDA and AQIS, and may produce Orchids for export to the USA and Australia. The farm accommodates new, modern tissue culture facilities as well, which are high-tech and highly automatized, meeting the latest and highest standards in terms of hygiene.
One of the farms’ unique advantages is their leading position in variety development. The farm provides, in tandem with its associated network of independent breeders, a wide range of product solutions to professional growers around the globe, allowing them to create a unique product offer to best meet regional market demands.
– Management of the Orchid production, meeting agreed standards in terms of quality and quantity.
– Management of Operational Excellence, which comprises e.g. the further improvement of transparency in availability, ensuring optimal use of IT systems, optimize surface planning, improvement of key processessuch as order confirmation, waste reduction, improvement programs in the lab, etc.
– Management of our clients’ hygiene and control program, which entails the further implementation of global standards. This program drives the supply of clean material and the substantial reduction infection risks.
– Act as a ‘linking pin’ for improvement programs initiated by Supply Chain, Planning, R&D, etc.
– A Bachelor working level, preferably acquired in the field of greenhouse production. – Familiar with the production of Phalaenopsis young plants or comparable crops. – Experience working across a wide range of disciplines (Planning, R&D, Sales, Production) – An excellent command of English, spoken and written
– A process oriented, natural and proven team manager
– Strong motivational, project management and analytical skills.
– A good communicator (written & oral), with proven interpersonal skills, also in a multicultural setting.
– Comfortable, credible and impactful with other cultures (esp. the Taiwanese and Dutch culture) – Able to effectively operate in a commercially driven organization, in a fast-moving international business environment and collaborate with peers and external parties in an open, service oriented manner.
– Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel.
– You (and your spouse/family) are prepared to work and live in Taiwan for a minimum of three years.
Our client has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Plenty of room is being offered for personal growth and development to its employees. The working environment is informal and easily accessible, in which cooperation is very important.
NB In view of its diversified organization and worldwide network of area-, sales- and production companies or farms, internal (international) career possibilities may be offered to suitable candidates who perform well.