Our client is a high-tech leading greenhouse tomato production nursery in Northern Europe, supplying a variety of premium quality tomato specialties. The company follows an ambitious growth and profitability improvement plan.
As Senior Grower you will be a member of the company’s management team. The company has short communication lines, fast decision-making and people working closely together. Our client would like the final candidate to start as soon as possible.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Overall responsibility for tomato production, including climate and irrigation management
– Ensure that quality systems are kept updated and are adhered to
– Verify that product quality is of the required high standard
– Keep official documents updated (recording of chemical use/fertilizer use)
– Optimize yield and reduce cost
– Plant and fruit registration
– Ensure timely production- and waste reporting.
– Coordination with relevant seed companies, propagators, and other critical suppliers
– Have regular management and production meetings
– Provide a weekly update to management
– Prepare and make production budgets in co-op with the Finance department
– Coordination of production/planting plans in co-op with sales organization
– Secure technical reliability and improvements in co-op with the maintenance department
– A proven track record as greenhouse tomato grower in a high-tech western environment, with excellent results in terms of yield, cost and quality
– You work well independently as well as in a team and you have relevant experience at management level
– Pro active mindset and able to take decisions independently
– Accustomed to working accurately
– Good leadership, communication and social skills, also in a multi-cultural setting
– A good command of English, spoken and written, is a must
– Willing to relocate to Northern Europe
– An attractive remuneration package.
– Free health care and free schooling facilities for possible children of the final candidate selected
– A responsible and challenging position with a proud and highly professional company
– Upon proven suitability, a local and indefinite contract of employment