Our client is a leading grower, packer and seller of soft fruits and vegetables in North Africa. This company is a preeminent supplier to retailers in Europe and the Middle East. Due to ongoing growth and drive for improvement they are looking for a skilled candidate as their overall Technical Director.
Manage a large scale production facility growing in total over 450 ha of soft fruits and vegetables. The company employs 5000 people. You will manage a staff of 40 head growers, each responsible for a segment of the company. Activities are divided over 25 different production locations. It will be your final responsibility to organize and supervise all required duties in the Grow Department including the following areas of production: Propagation/cloning, transplanting, fertigation, disease control, foliar and preventive spraying, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
– build a team that is focused, ambitious, open and positive
– encourage and develop systems to improve the overall business
– lead, motivate and develop good reporting systems with staff
– understand the international production aims and objectives
– understand the business budget and key drivers
– responsible for P&L of the different business units
– set and monitor KPI of the staff of head growers
Our client expects that you will stimulate and motivate the management and will bring the company to the next level. The goal is to optimize all the processes on the different locations and produce environmental friendly for a competitive cost price.
– minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in horticulture
– international experience Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study required; Master’s degree preferred
– team leader
– able to interact and drive effective work through teams
– France and English required (Arabic would be a plus)
– proven experience with managing teams
– excellent negotiation skills
– ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within scheduled timelines
– enthusiastic about business development
– You take ownership
– Highly organized and self-motivated