Our client is trendsetting the market by empowering dedicated people who create the world’s most unique flowers produced in East Africa. The company is using the most modern management methods to get the best out of their team. The organization constantly creates and produces a wide range of unique summer flowers. For this organization we are searching for a COO East Africa.
Objective of this position
The proposed COO promotes the companies vision and knows how to translate and support this strategy into solid year plans that provide structure to the daily operations. To realize this a stable, balanced and people focused personality with passion for flowers and affinity with agronomy is needed. The COO know how to merge the farm managers into a team.
He facilitates his team in achieving the shared goals. For healthy development of the business consistent quality is conditional. This asks for continuous sharing of knowledge and experience gathered as well internally as through third parties. The COO is chairman of the management team and will form this team into strong cohesive team
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The COO is responsible for the operational management, the results and the return of the African organization with dives independent farms that are responsible for the flower production. He/she manages the cohesion between the primary process, sales and the staff departments and is responsible for the for the business efficiency. The COO report directly to the CEO.
– Leadership, formulate the group goals, guide employees to excellence
– Controls and motivate employees and stimulate personal developments
– Build a team that is focused, ambitious, open and positive
– Encourage and develop systems to improve the overall business
– Lead, motivate and develop good reporting systems with staff
– Ability to respond quickly to unforeseen situations
– Understand the international production aims and objectives
– Understand the business budget and key drivers
– Responsible for P&L of the different business units
– Set and monitor KPI of the staff of head growers
– Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in horticulture
– International experience Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
– Proven experience with managing teams
– Excellent negotiation skills
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within scheduled timelines
– Highly organized and self-motivated
A very competitive six figures salary. Client offers a motivating and attractive remuneration package in line with your level of experience and seniority.