Our client in Ethiopia is specialized in the growing of mother stock to produce high quality cuttings. They are producing a wide range of annuals, perennials and biannuals. The company in Ethiopia is producing cuttings from 15 hectares of greenhouses. The organisation employs 700 permanent employees and is increasing during high-season to approximately 900 employees. For this company we are searching for an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational and growing activities and takes care that operations are run efficiently and effectively. You make sure that you deliver high quality cuttings to the customers on time in the right quantities. You are steering an experienced operational management team at an inspiring and motivated way. You will report directly to the general manager and be able to deputize him during absence.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Motivating and coaching a team of Production Managers and Senior Supervisors
– Ensure availability and delivery of high-quality cuttings to customers
– You make sure that all operational departments are running smoothly and efficiently
– Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock
– Being end-responsible for all kind of planning activities regarding mother plants
– Responsible for maintaining the internal and external quality systems
– Keep up to date with developments, systems and techniques with regard to the production of cuttings
– A bachelor’s degree in horticulture or agronomics from a reputable institution or similar capacity level through work experience
– Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in the same area
– Strong communication skills and are an integrative team player
– Experience in production of cuttings is a pre
– Strong managerial skills, and ability to lead and influence at an executive level with respect to the Ethiopian culture
– Experience with a management position in an African country is preferred
– Able to indicate clear goals and are able to motivate others to achieve them
– Customer oriented in thinking and method
– An excellent knowledge of the English language
– A positive, strong, fair and credible attitude and excellent analytical and time management skills
– Prepared to establish in Ethiopia
A challenging, autonomous and responsible job within a dynamic, international organisation, which profits from short communication lines and a cooperative, no-nonsense work environment. The company also offers a competitive salary with attractive benefits. They will provide you with plenty of room for personal growth and development. And in addition, a large team of enthusiastic and motivated colleagues!